When a company outsources its payroll services, it can minimize the importance of self service. Management may assume that the payroll service provider or the HR department will be able to answer any query that employees may have or take care of matters such as leave applications. What can happen in such cases is that HR employees may not be that responsive to employees and are likely to come up with excuses like “we are too busy right now” or “I am sorry, I will have to talk with the department head or with the outsourced service provider handling payroll.” This leads to employee disgruntlement and it can have negative connotations for the business. When you do select a payroll service provider make sure it is one of the best payroll services in India that includes total employee self service module.
What is involved in employee self service
Employees are not robots that work, take home their salary and that’s that. They need to follow procedures of the company in order to get leave sanctioned or to get some other info from the payroll service or the HR department. Outsourced payroll services of the best kind usually provide full scale employee self service module that allows employees to:
- Log in and view all their salary details including reimbursements, perks, deductions and leave that went into calculation of the pay.
- Print their salary slip if so desired
- Log in and view how many leave they have taken and how many are pending to their account.
- Put in a request for leave and track its progress until sanctioned or refused and, if refused, request clarification.
- Check details of reimbursements and deductions and raise a query through the self service portal put in place by the best payroll services in India like Alp consulting.
How does employee self service give benefits
Including an employee self service module into the payroll services brings benefits for employees as well as for the employer.
From the employee perspective
- Employees need not hesitate to put in leave request through the self service portal. Employees usually hesitate to personally approach their superiors who may not view such requests favorably or put it off because they are busy. The request goes into the system and to the supervisor. Once he sanctions it, the employee receives a notification and this leave also links to payroll calculation.
- Employees may edit details such as change of address, change of phone number or bank account. They are not dependent on HR. Since one link is cutout, there are fewer chances or errors.
- Employees can view salary and deductions and, in case of income tax, enter details that would result in reduction of taxes.
- Employees can login and view company policies prior to initiating any request for leave or transfer and thus stay compliant.
From the employer perspective
- Due to high degree of automation in employee self service, the process frees up HR staff who can attend to more important tasks.
- Chances of errors reduce.
- A record is maintained and where applicable employee’s actions automatically affect payroll calculation to reduce errors or oversights and this leads to better accuracy as well as satisfaction.
- Since requests for leave and similar processes are digitized the company saves on paper and paperwork.
The best payroll services in India, when you engage them, put in place an employee self service portal that employees can access using the office computer system or mobile devices and all such transactions are linked to their payroll process. There are no errors of omission or commission. Employees feel more in control and employers get the benefit of better productivity.
Bangalore is one of the biggest IT hubs and it is also home to large commercial enterprises. It is a given that most enterprises in Bangalore have some form of automation or other in payroll and HR processes. Some may have opted to outsource payroll services in Bangalore due to inherent advantages. The process may be simple enough, concerning only the payroll process while most HR functions are managed by an in-house team. Is this the best combination or can one go beyond simple payroll services?
Comprehensive payroll services
Outsourcing just payroll services is only half of the job. The crucial part is time attendance and statutory compliances as well as employee self service that combine to form a complete picture of what payroll involves. If you think of outsourcing payroll services then it is not sufficient to just handover only the part of calculation of salaries to outsourced payroll services in Bangalore. Comprehensive payroll services would cover:
- Time attendance records, process and management including leave
- Payroll calculations with deductions, perquisites and reimbursement of expenses
- Printing of salary slips and direct bank transfer to employees’ bank accounts
- Records of each month’s payroll process with report
- Induction of new employees into the payroll process and termination procedures of outgoing employees
- Statutory compliances including Income-Tax and others such as ESI, PF along with preparation and filing of returns as well as deposits in appropriate account
- Performance and analysis of workforce
As can be seen from the above payroll cannot be considered an isolated part of the overall HR system in a company. If you outsource only one small part then the workload on your HR staff does not decrease appreciably. They still have to manage time attendance and the post payroll processes such as statutory compliance. Given the changing scenario of labour laws, tax laws and ESI/PF, one cannot employees to be thoroughly familiar with the latest amendments and errors are likely to creep in leading to issues such as show cause notices and penalties. You may not wish to outsource entire HR but payroll services and everything that connects to it should be handled by a competent team offering payroll services in Bangalore. This has several advantages.
Benefits of going beyond simple payroll service
By handing over the entire section that concerns payroll and associated processes to one service provider you gain several advantages:
- The team handles everything starting with time attendance to statutory compliance.
- This leaves your HR team to focus on more important issues such as productivity, efficiency, streamlining processes, new recruitment, employee grievances and others.
- You get the benefit of accurate statutory compliance, an area where you experience the biggest gain.
- Employee satisfaction level increases leading to loyalty and better performance
These are the primary benefits. Professional payroll services in Bangalore go beyond preparation of payroll and statutory compliance. You receive further benefits:
- Analysis of your payroll and how you can optimize it to reduce expenditure
- Employee performance analysis that leads to motivating slow movers to become more energized and to reward high performing individuals that acts as motivation for others
- Consultations and guidance on key issues that affect employee performance, payroll processes and even the hiring and rewards processes.
- There is continuity since an established payroll service in Bangalore such as Alp Consulting will always be by your side whereas HR employees may leave.
- You need to employ fewer but better HR personnel; you can pay them more and save on space that employees take up within the office. It can be used for more productive purposes.
If you are considering outsourcing payroll, talk with Alp Consulting to know about customized solutions.
Visit Our Website :https://www.alpconsulting.in/payroll-services.html
Payroll handling becomes complicated as the number of employees grows. In this scenario it is important to introduce some form of automation for quicker and error-free payroll process. The better option is to outsource it to the best payroll management services in India. Before you choose one there are parameters to consider.
Team and software
Obviously a payroll management company has a team specialized in this function. The knowledge and experience of each member of the team plays a crucial role. The software for payroll management is just as important. You can expect the best payroll management services in India to use customized software that factors in applicable laws to ensure full compliance.
The situation in a company, as regards employees, keeps changing. You may hire new personnel. Some employees may leave. Some employees may have their salaries restructured. Your policies may change. The best payroll management company will always collaborate with you to ensure that all these factors are accounted for in the payroll for the following month.
- Each organization’s methods are different. Most outsourced companies will try to fit you into their standard operating procedure but this may not be satisfactory. Expect outsourced payroll managers to look at your model and to come up with a solution that fits your model or to make suggestions for streamlining the process that leads to measurable improvements.
- Payroll is linked with time attendance. Professional payroll managers include automation that cuts short the manual process of calculations.
Adhering to deadlines
When you hire a company to handle payroll you expect it to adhere to your deadlines and have everything ready in time.
- Payroll preparation and issuance of pay cheques or direct deposits into each employee’s account on or before the scheduled date is important to assure employee satisfaction.
- Government regulatory compliances are just as important. Delays in submission of returns or forms could lead to issuance of notices and even penalties.
- Some outsourced payroll companies may simply calculate the payroll and leave everything else after that to you which is like a job half done. The best ones handle everything related to payroll including calculation, deposits of salaries into employee account, post payroll process such as preparation of tax forms, ESI/PF and other forms and online submissions where available. You receive a final report of all such activities.
- Include new employees in the database and then implement the exit policy for employees who are leaving the company.
- Classification of employees into regular salaried class, temporary staff, and contracted labor, part-time and hourly or weekly basis as may be the case.
Reports and analytics
A payroll process would be incomplete without complete reports and analytics.
- You receive reports pertaining to payroll and about each employee.
- Reports cover the legal regulatory compliances.
- Analysis of employee performance, bottlenecks and other issues that give you information on which you can take decisive action for productivity increases or to resolve issues.
- Regular audits to ensure there are no errors and for improved efficiency.
Payroll can be an isolated process but the best practice is to make it a part of an overall HR management solution so that you get a broader picture of your workforce operations. If your payroll management company offers HR processes too, then you get a better deal when you opt for a solution that handles HR and payroll. Alp Consulting has a proven track record of delivering customized payroll management services in addition to a complete, modular HR management solution for rising enterprises.
Complications in payroll management grow when the number of employees in a company goes up. Companies may employ people on monthly salary, contract and on daily or weekly wage basis and these further add to the burden. Payroll is not just calculation of money to be paid for work done. There are additions and deductions to be considered as well as compliance with myriad government regulations that keep changing from time to time. The HR department has to be competent but the entire process easily can be outsourced.Continue Reading
Enterprises that have a sizeable workforce will find it imperative to implement some kind of payroll solution. However, outsourcing payroll may be a better option when one considers the various aspects involved.Continue Reading
Employees are the best assets of any enterprise and need to be managed efficiently in order that they may give their best. Payroll and how it is managed can be a cause of satisfaction or dissatisfaction. It can directly affect employee performance and thereby have an influence on the company’s competitiveness as well.
Business relies on human resource, its best asset, for growth. However, there can be friction, especially in matters of payroll. If there are any errors in calculation then an employee develops a grievance and it affects his performance thereby affecting the company.Continue Reading
HRMS software’s are designed to provide companies with a single resource which is dedicated to managing and supporting all HR and employment processes, thus allowing them to focus on the key business areas.
The HRMS software addresses important Payroll Management requirements by aligning human resources and business strategies. It manages critical HR processes, thus bringing significant operational excellence and seamless integrated delivery.Continue Reading
As businesses grow, employee management becomes complex. What you need is a Payroll Management System that is easy to use, employee-centric and HR effective. Whatever stage of business cycle you are in, payroll services is sure to benefit you. HR outsourcing companies offers a new age Payroll Management System to manage new-age workforce.Continue Reading
The payroll processing is a significant cost of a company as it comprises a massive proportion of the budget. It should be a routine task, not dreaded or feared. As a company, you must select the technique of payroll processing that is most appropriate for you. Payroll software can help to automate and offer timely and accurate payroll processing for all sorts of workers. Therefore the payroll software needs to be able to create a number of companies records in the system and the reports have to be separated accordingly. So it should show the remainders when it is due.Continue Reading