When a company outsources its payroll services, it can minimize the importance of self service. Management may assume that the payroll service provider or the HR department will be able to answer any query that employees may have or take care of matters such as leave applications. What can happen in such cases is that HR employees may not be that responsive to employees and are likely to come up with excuses like “we are too busy right now” or “I am sorry, I will have to talk with the department head or with the outsourced service provider handling payroll.” This leads to employee disgruntlement and it can have negative connotations for the business. When you do select a payroll service provider make sure it is one of the best payroll services in India that includes total employee self service module.
What is involved in employee self service
Employees are not robots that work, take home their salary and that’s that. They need to follow procedures of the company in order to get leave sanctioned or to get some other info from the payroll service or the HR department. Outsourced payroll services of the best kind usually provide full scale employee self service module that allows employees to:
- Log in and view all their salary details including reimbursements, perks, deductions and leave that went into calculation of the pay.
- Print their salary slip if so desired
- Log in and view how many leave they have taken and how many are pending to their account.
- Put in a request for leave and track its progress until sanctioned or refused and, if refused, request clarification.
- Check details of reimbursements and deductions and raise a query through the self service portal put in place by the best payroll services in India like Alp consulting.
How does employee self service give benefits
Including an employee self service module into the payroll services brings benefits for employees as well as for the employer.
From the employee perspective
- Employees need not hesitate to put in leave request through the self service portal. Employees usually hesitate to personally approach their superiors who may not view such requests favorably or put it off because they are busy. The request goes into the system and to the supervisor. Once he sanctions it, the employee receives a notification and this leave also links to payroll calculation.
- Employees may edit details such as change of address, change of phone number or bank account. They are not dependent on HR. Since one link is cutout, there are fewer chances or errors.
- Employees can view salary and deductions and, in case of income tax, enter details that would result in reduction of taxes.
- Employees can login and view company policies prior to initiating any request for leave or transfer and thus stay compliant.
From the employer perspective
- Due to high degree of automation in employee self service, the process frees up HR staff who can attend to more important tasks.
- Chances of errors reduce.
- A record is maintained and where applicable employee’s actions automatically affect payroll calculation to reduce errors or oversights and this leads to better accuracy as well as satisfaction.
- Since requests for leave and similar processes are digitized the company saves on paper and paperwork.
The best payroll services in India, when you engage them, put in place an employee self service portal that employees can access using the office computer system or mobile devices and all such transactions are linked to their payroll process. There are no errors of omission or commission. Employees feel more in control and employers get the benefit of better productivity.
Bangalore is one of the biggest IT hubs and it is also home to large commercial enterprises. It is a given that most enterprises in Bangalore have some form of automation or other in payroll and HR processes. Some may have opted to outsource payroll services in Bangalore due to inherent advantages. The process may be simple enough, concerning only the payroll process while most HR functions are managed by an in-house team. Is this the best combination or can one go beyond simple payroll services?
Comprehensive payroll services
Outsourcing just payroll services is only half of the job. The crucial part is time attendance and statutory compliances as well as employee self service that combine to form a complete picture of what payroll involves. If you think of outsourcing payroll services then it is not sufficient to just handover only the part of calculation of salaries to outsourced payroll services in Bangalore. Comprehensive payroll services would cover:
- Time attendance records, process and management including leave
- Payroll calculations with deductions, perquisites and reimbursement of expenses
- Printing of salary slips and direct bank transfer to employees’ bank accounts
- Records of each month’s payroll process with report
- Induction of new employees into the payroll process and termination procedures of outgoing employees
- Statutory compliances including Income-Tax and others such as ESI, PF along with preparation and filing of returns as well as deposits in appropriate account
- Performance and analysis of workforce
As can be seen from the above payroll cannot be considered an isolated part of the overall HR system in a company. If you outsource only one small part then the workload on your HR staff does not decrease appreciably. They still have to manage time attendance and the post payroll processes such as statutory compliance. Given the changing scenario of labour laws, tax laws and ESI/PF, one cannot employees to be thoroughly familiar with the latest amendments and errors are likely to creep in leading to issues such as show cause notices and penalties. You may not wish to outsource entire HR but payroll services and everything that connects to it should be handled by a competent team offering payroll services in Bangalore. This has several advantages.
Benefits of going beyond simple payroll service
By handing over the entire section that concerns payroll and associated processes to one service provider you gain several advantages:
- The team handles everything starting with time attendance to statutory compliance.
- This leaves your HR team to focus on more important issues such as productivity, efficiency, streamlining processes, new recruitment, employee grievances and others.
- You get the benefit of accurate statutory compliance, an area where you experience the biggest gain.
- Employee satisfaction level increases leading to loyalty and better performance
These are the primary benefits. Professional payroll services in Bangalore go beyond preparation of payroll and statutory compliance. You receive further benefits:
- Analysis of your payroll and how you can optimize it to reduce expenditure
- Employee performance analysis that leads to motivating slow movers to become more energized and to reward high performing individuals that acts as motivation for others
- Consultations and guidance on key issues that affect employee performance, payroll processes and even the hiring and rewards processes.
- There is continuity since an established payroll service in Bangalore such as Alp Consulting will always be by your side whereas HR employees may leave.
- You need to employ fewer but better HR personnel; you can pay them more and save on space that employees take up within the office. It can be used for more productive purposes.
If you are considering outsourcing payroll, talk with Alp Consulting to know about customized solutions.
Visit Our Website :https://www.alpconsulting.in/payroll-services.html
Government frames laws applicable to employees and workers. Industry must comply with the newly framed laws or else they face stiff penalties. Enterprises that employ 20 or more people find it a chore to manage payrolls and the HR part. Thankfully, they can put in place payroll software or avail of it as a service or even outsource it. The same goes for other aspects of HR that HR software can handle with ease, freeing up employees for more productive tasks.
The payroll software
Manual processes are prone to errors and are time consuming. Payroll software frees employees from tedious calculations that involve:
- Monthly salary
- Days worked
- Tax, PF and other statutory benefits and deductions
Ideally, the payroll software is linked to a time attendance system for automation. Each employee’s particulars are already in the database. The software automatically calculates monthly salary for each along with deductions, calculations of benefits, extra hours worked, bonuses and loans. Pay slips can be printed and the payroll software can also have facility to make direct transfer of salaries to accounts of employees. The statutory parts are taken care of such as generation of Form 16 and TDS certificates. Just one employee can handle everything and generate reports. There is more to a company’s HR side beyond payroll and that is HR management.
Employees are the best resource and management of employees is best handled by automated Best HRMS software. It would take a team of employees in the HR department to carry out all functions whereas the automated best HRMS software does more and does it all accurately without errors. Typical functions cover:
- Attendance and payroll management with reports
- Employee database management
- Recruitment, appointments on-boarding, performance, employee severance and related functions
- Statutory compliances, TDS, form generation, submissions
- Online portal for employee self service
HRMS is ideal for enterprises that employ more people but not every unit needs a sophisticated system. Simplified HR software can usually serve the purpose for small and medium enterprises.
One can go in for HR software with purely HR functions or HR software with payroll included, which is a better option. Just one employee in the HR department can handle virtually all the processes using the HR software:
- Process payrolls, TDS, PF challans, returns
- Generate salary statement and pay slip
- Add or remove employees to the database
- Bank statements and bank advice
- Employee self service to help employees securely view their details, put in leave reports and other activities
Making the choice
Small enterprises with a workforce of just 20 or so will find that just the payroll software or HR software is more than sufficient for their purposes. Larger enterprises must consider various factors:
- Delays because of the number of employees involved.
- Time consuming and error prone calculation of various benefits and deductions
- Statutory compliances, deductions and filing of forms and depositing deductions with various authorities on or before the due date
- Satisfaction of employees that there are no errors in calculation of their salaries, benefits and deductions as well as prompt response to their queries
- Tracking of employee performance, their queries and resolutions
- Employee churn and reasons that may be tied to HR
Choosing the right software is important and this is where Alp Consulting can prove helpful. Their team analyzes a business and recommends software that will perform expected functions within budgets, speedily and without errors. Businesses can also take the option of on-premise software or just select the pay as you go model.
For More Info Visit Us On – http://www.alpconsulting.in/payroll-services.html
Small companies with ten or fewer employees can get by with a manual payroll process. However, if a business employee fifty or more people then payroll preparation takes time and the delay could well lead to dissatisfaction. The solution is to go in for Payroll Software. Today one can get software that automatically calculates payments to employees in addition to a host of other functions. One can opt for basic payroll calculation software too or a sophisticated one with the latter proving to be far better.Continue Reading
HRMS software’s are designed to provide companies with a single resource which is dedicated to managing and supporting all HR and employment processes, thus allowing them to focus on the key business areas.
The HRMS software addresses important Payroll Management requirements by aligning human resources and business strategies. It manages critical HR processes, thus bringing significant operational excellence and seamless integrated delivery.Continue Reading
Saving money is among the most compelling motivations that make outsourcing non-core processes like compliance and payroll an attractive solution for SMEs.The accent is on saving on time and expenses to stay competitive in the SME space. But process outsourcing comes with its own fees. So how does the saving factor come in?Continue Reading
When explaining the outsourcing concept to potential clients, we get asked certain questions time and again. In an attempt to help clear up some misconceptions around the process and help you decide if outsourcing is the right answer for you, here are some of the most common questions, and their answers.Continue Reading
There’s no denying the importance of professional payroll software when it comes to managing your company’s payroll. The benefits involve an immense saving in effort while providing you with a great deal of transparency across the whole payroll workflow. It’s all perfectly logical and simple, so far. But what about the reality of selecting the right solution for your company? That’s where it gets a lot less simple.Continue Reading
When it comes to statutory compliance, forewarned is forearmed. It’s important that employees are aware of how compliance issues relate to their daily work life. Here’s a short checklist of some important things to look out for:Continue Reading
An in-house payroll software solution might seem like a good solution to organisational needs; it isn’t always that simple. You have to consider overall scale of operations, available resources and effort, especially within the context of a small or medium business (SME). Payroll solutions need to deliver the best results at the best price with a minimum of effort; SME energies are better focused on growing core business and remaining competitive.