When a company outsources its payroll services, it can minimize the importance of self service. Management may assume that the payroll service provider or the HR department will be able to answer any query that employees may have or take care of matters such as leave applications. What can happen in such cases is that HR employees may not be that responsive to employees and are likely to come up with excuses like “we are too busy right now” or “I am sorry, I will have to talk with the department head or with the outsourced service provider handling payroll.” This leads to employee disgruntlement and it can have negative connotations for the business. When you do select a payroll service provider make sure it is one of the best payroll services in India that includes total employee self service module.
What is involved in employee self service
Employees are not robots that work, take home their salary and that’s that. They need to follow procedures of the company in order to get leave sanctioned or to get some other info from the payroll service or the HR department. Outsourced payroll services of the best kind usually provide full scale employee self service module that allows employees to:
- Log in and view all their salary details including reimbursements, perks, deductions and leave that went into calculation of the pay.
- Print their salary slip if so desired
- Log in and view how many leave they have taken and how many are pending to their account.
- Put in a request for leave and track its progress until sanctioned or refused and, if refused, request clarification.
- Check details of reimbursements and deductions and raise a query through the self service portal put in place by the best payroll services in India like Alp consulting.
How does employee self service give benefits
Including an employee self service module into the payroll services brings benefits for employees as well as for the employer.
From the employee perspective
- Employees need not hesitate to put in leave request through the self service portal. Employees usually hesitate to personally approach their superiors who may not view such requests favorably or put it off because they are busy. The request goes into the system and to the supervisor. Once he sanctions it, the employee receives a notification and this leave also links to payroll calculation.
- Employees may edit details such as change of address, change of phone number or bank account. They are not dependent on HR. Since one link is cutout, there are fewer chances or errors.
- Employees can view salary and deductions and, in case of income tax, enter details that would result in reduction of taxes.
- Employees can login and view company policies prior to initiating any request for leave or transfer and thus stay compliant.
From the employer perspective
- Due to high degree of automation in employee self service, the process frees up HR staff who can attend to more important tasks.
- Chances of errors reduce.
- A record is maintained and where applicable employee’s actions automatically affect payroll calculation to reduce errors or oversights and this leads to better accuracy as well as satisfaction.
- Since requests for leave and similar processes are digitized the company saves on paper and paperwork.
The best payroll services in India, when you engage them, put in place an employee self service portal that employees can access using the office computer system or mobile devices and all such transactions are linked to their payroll process. There are no errors of omission or commission. Employees feel more in control and employers get the benefit of better productivity.
Bangalore is one of the biggest IT hubs and it is also home to large commercial enterprises. It is a given that most enterprises in Bangalore have some form of automation or other in payroll and HR processes. Some may have opted to outsource payroll services in Bangalore due to inherent advantages. The process may be simple enough, concerning only the payroll process while most HR functions are managed by an in-house team. Is this the best combination or can one go beyond simple payroll services?
Comprehensive payroll services
Outsourcing just payroll services is only half of the job. The crucial part is time attendance and statutory compliances as well as employee self service that combine to form a complete picture of what payroll involves. If you think of outsourcing payroll services then it is not sufficient to just handover only the part of calculation of salaries to outsourced payroll services in Bangalore. Comprehensive payroll services would cover:
- Time attendance records, process and management including leave
- Payroll calculations with deductions, perquisites and reimbursement of expenses
- Printing of salary slips and direct bank transfer to employees’ bank accounts
- Records of each month’s payroll process with report
- Induction of new employees into the payroll process and termination procedures of outgoing employees
- Statutory compliances including Income-Tax and others such as ESI, PF along with preparation and filing of returns as well as deposits in appropriate account
- Performance and analysis of workforce
As can be seen from the above payroll cannot be considered an isolated part of the overall HR system in a company. If you outsource only one small part then the workload on your HR staff does not decrease appreciably. They still have to manage time attendance and the post payroll processes such as statutory compliance. Given the changing scenario of labour laws, tax laws and ESI/PF, one cannot employees to be thoroughly familiar with the latest amendments and errors are likely to creep in leading to issues such as show cause notices and penalties. You may not wish to outsource entire HR but payroll services and everything that connects to it should be handled by a competent team offering payroll services in Bangalore. This has several advantages.
Benefits of going beyond simple payroll service
By handing over the entire section that concerns payroll and associated processes to one service provider you gain several advantages:
- The team handles everything starting with time attendance to statutory compliance.
- This leaves your HR team to focus on more important issues such as productivity, efficiency, streamlining processes, new recruitment, employee grievances and others.
- You get the benefit of accurate statutory compliance, an area where you experience the biggest gain.
- Employee satisfaction level increases leading to loyalty and better performance
These are the primary benefits. Professional payroll services in Bangalore go beyond preparation of payroll and statutory compliance. You receive further benefits:
- Analysis of your payroll and how you can optimize it to reduce expenditure
- Employee performance analysis that leads to motivating slow movers to become more energized and to reward high performing individuals that acts as motivation for others
- Consultations and guidance on key issues that affect employee performance, payroll processes and even the hiring and rewards processes.
- There is continuity since an established payroll service in Bangalore such as Alp Consulting will always be by your side whereas HR employees may leave.
- You need to employ fewer but better HR personnel; you can pay them more and save on space that employees take up within the office. It can be used for more productive purposes.
If you are considering outsourcing payroll, talk with Alp Consulting to know about customized solutions.
Visit Our Website :https://www.alpconsulting.in/payroll-services.html
Enterprises that have a sizeable workforce will find it imperative to implement some kind of payroll solution. However, outsourcing payroll may be a better option when one considers the various aspects involved.
Outsourcing payroll services to payroll companies brings a major benefit of timely completion of the monthly payroll. Enterprises with 100 plus employees particularly benefit from outsourcing since companies that handle payroll have staff and IT resources to handle any complicted payroll process.
Accuracy and compliances
Payroll is not just calculation of monthly salaries to employees. There are legal and tax compliances that must be handled in a timely manner with no margin for errors since errors of omission or commission could invite legal notices and penalties. Each employee’s calculation may be affected by factors such as loan availed, leave, basis of calculation of salary, extra remuneration. Laws applicable to employees and employers may vary from time to time and only companies that have legal cell to handle such latest amendments can ensure accuracy and full compliances. Income tax must be deducted at source and a return filed periodically. PF/EPF needs to be deducted, the appropriate forms filled in and filed with the authorities. There are similar other compliances to take care of. Legal experts and labour laws experts also guide clients on best practices, avoiding pitfalls and on other regulatory matters.
Payroll services have expertise and experience to complete the process each month in time and this leads to employee satisfaction. Further, payroll companies put in place an employee portal that gives information about salary, taxes and deductions through self service. Since payroll calculation is accurate, there is no room for dissatisfaction that errors in calculations cause. Employees receive salaries in time and it keeps them satisfied. Satisfied employees work with dedication and commitment. This in turn contributes to the company’s productivity and competitiveness.
Payroll is linked with employees. Employees are the best assets of a company. Happy and satisfied employees will be grateful and they will do all they can to improve company’s competitiveness. This means outsourcing payroll can actually cost you next to nothing. You pay for payroll outsourcing from increased revenues. The company’s image improves and it can attract top talent that will help it rise to greater levels. From another perspective, when a company outsources payroll it saves on cost of salaries paid to employees and costs of IT infrastructure. There are all round gains.
Employees in the HR section are likely to leave and new employees will take time to understand the process. This could cause discordance and discontinuity in efficient payroll management. Outsource payroll and you are assured of continuity since it is the payroll company’s responsibility and they will always have employees who know about the payroll process.
Reports, analytics, performance
This is one aspect that could make the biggest difference. In-house HR employees handling payroll may not be able to derive statistics and give analytics on performance. Payroll companies handling the process will give a detailed analytical report to help management derive insights. They get information about each employee’s performance and his pay. Management can take informed decisions that could lead to better employee performance and satisfaction besides helping to reduce payroll burden.
There is always room for optimization in any process. Payroll is a crucial process and companies offering payroll services can do it much better and in a shorter time. If you were to hire experts with similar capabilities you would incur high costs just for advice. Outsource the process and you get work done besides receiving advice from top experts for free.
For More Info Visit Us On – http://www.alpconsulting.in/payroll-services.html
Business relies on human resource, its best asset, for growth. However, there can be friction, especially in matters of payroll. If there are any errors in calculation then an employee develops a grievance and it affects his performance thereby affecting the company.Continue Reading
The small and medium enterprise (SME) space is highly competitive, so every rupee and every man-hour spent is crucial. Focusing on core competencies is vital in running a lean, effective organization and it makes sound business sense for an SME to outsource a process like outsourcing. Let’s look at a few of the major reasons SMEs are choosing to turn to payroll services:
- Focus on building your business: Payroll management is a complex and time-consuming affair. You want your staff to focus on activities that generate value and drive profitability; outsourcing the process frees them to do this.