The maze of labour laws in India is extremely complex with a number of different laws and amendments from time to time. It is no secret that courts almost always favored workforce over employers. However, the scenario is now changing towards a balanced approach. There is news that government plans to push through labour reforms. The Wage Bill 2017 is one such matter as is the Code on Industrial Relations. The proposed reforms will affect social security, welfare, industrial relations and occupational safety and health. There are other reforms on the anvil. What it all boils down to is that employers need to have specialists on their HR workforce to keep track of such changes as and when they come into effect. This may not be feasible for all enterprises so outsourcing statutory compliance to an external agency is perhaps the best option.
Typical laws covering employers
Consider some of the various laws that employers and businesses must comply with. These are Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, Employees PF Act, ESIC, Professional Tax, Labour Welfare Fund, Contract Labour and Minimum Wages Act to name only a few. Compounding the complexity is the various amendments to these Acts over the past years and you can see just how difficult it becomes for an HR employee to keep track unless he focuses on these Acts. This is where outsourcing compliance services prove to be far better to make sure you are always compliant. Failure to do so leads to fines, penalties and even jail term. In majority of cases if a disgruntled employee lodges a case then the court invariably decides in his favor and awards compensation. All of these can prove expensive for employers.
What outsourced compliance services do for your company?
Compliance services employ legal professional with particular expertise in the field of labour laws. This means their legal experts are always current and updated about the latest amendments and interpretations as well as applicability.
- Should an issue be likely to arise then the legal experts of the compliance service company will take preventive action against escalation since legal proceedings are always expensive and time consuming.
- If the matter does go to court then the legal experts of the statutory compliance service provider step in and handle the case.
- Statutory compliance experts carry out regular audits to ensure their clients always are in full compliance of laws applicable to their operations.
- Their experts examine upcoming amendments and their implications and advise clients to take appropriate measures to safeguard interests.
- Management and administration on an ongoing basis is part of the service.
- A sound legal framework ensures a safe and secure future roadmap on the statutory compliance road. It always pays to plan ahead and put in place a solid structure rather than carry out patch up jobs after the event.
- Advisory on how best to manage the business within the framework of applicable statutory laws and incur least cost as well as risk.
- Maintenance of all records in digitized format, easily accessible when needed.
- Filing of forms with various departments and remittances.
It does take years of study and practical experience to gain a thorough understanding of all the applicable labour laws in India. When you outsource you are gaining access to this competence and that alone is worth the money. That you save on costs of suitable HR employees and enjoy peace of mind are added benefits. And, when you know there is continuity of service as in the case of Alp Consulting, it becomes one more reason to outsource statutory compliance.
Visit us : https://www.alpconsulting.in/statutory-compliance-services.html