When a company outsources its payroll services, it can minimize the importance of self service. Management may assume that the payroll service provider or the HR department will be able to answer any query that employees may have or take care of matters such as leave applications. What can happen in such cases is that HR employees may not be that responsive to employees and are likely to come up with excuses like “we are too busy right now” or “I am sorry, I will have to talk with the department head or with the outsourced service provider handling payroll.” This leads to employee disgruntlement and it can have negative connotations for the business. When you do select a payroll service provider make sure it is one of the best payroll services in India that includes total employee self service module.
What is involved in employee self service
Employees are not robots that work, take home their salary and that’s that. They need to follow procedures of the company in order to get leave sanctioned or to get some other info from the payroll service or the HR department. Outsourced payroll services of the best kind usually provide full scale employee self service module that allows employees to:
- Log in and view all their salary details including reimbursements, perks, deductions and leave that went into calculation of the pay.
- Print their salary slip if so desired
- Log in and view how many leave they have taken and how many are pending to their account.
- Put in a request for leave and track its progress until sanctioned or refused and, if refused, request clarification.
- Check details of reimbursements and deductions and raise a query through the self service portal put in place by the best payroll services in India like Alp consulting.
How does employee self service give benefits
Including an employee self service module into the payroll services brings benefits for employees as well as for the employer.
From the employee perspective
- Employees need not hesitate to put in leave request through the self service portal. Employees usually hesitate to personally approach their superiors who may not view such requests favorably or put it off because they are busy. The request goes into the system and to the supervisor. Once he sanctions it, the employee receives a notification and this leave also links to payroll calculation.
- Employees may edit details such as change of address, change of phone number or bank account. They are not dependent on HR. Since one link is cutout, there are fewer chances or errors.
- Employees can view salary and deductions and, in case of income tax, enter details that would result in reduction of taxes.
- Employees can login and view company policies prior to initiating any request for leave or transfer and thus stay compliant.
From the employer perspective
- Due to high degree of automation in employee self service, the process frees up HR staff who can attend to more important tasks.
- Chances of errors reduce.
- A record is maintained and where applicable employee’s actions automatically affect payroll calculation to reduce errors or oversights and this leads to better accuracy as well as satisfaction.
- Since requests for leave and similar processes are digitized the company saves on paper and paperwork.
The best payroll services in India, when you engage them, put in place an employee self service portal that employees can access using the office computer system or mobile devices and all such transactions are linked to their payroll process. There are no errors of omission or commission. Employees feel more in control and employers get the benefit of better productivity.
Bangalore is one of the biggest IT hubs and it is also home to large commercial enterprises. It is a given that most enterprises in Bangalore have some form of automation or other in payroll and HR processes. Some may have opted to outsource payroll services in Bangalore due to inherent advantages. The process may be simple enough, concerning only the payroll process while most HR functions are managed by an in-house team. Is this the best combination or can one go beyond simple payroll services?
Comprehensive payroll services
Outsourcing just payroll services is only half of the job. The crucial part is time attendance and statutory compliances as well as employee self service that combine to form a complete picture of what payroll involves. If you think of outsourcing payroll services then it is not sufficient to just handover only the part of calculation of salaries to outsourced payroll services in Bangalore. Comprehensive payroll services would cover:
- Time attendance records, process and management including leave
- Payroll calculations with deductions, perquisites and reimbursement of expenses
- Printing of salary slips and direct bank transfer to employees’ bank accounts
- Records of each month’s payroll process with report
- Induction of new employees into the payroll process and termination procedures of outgoing employees
- Statutory compliances including Income-Tax and others such as ESI, PF along with preparation and filing of returns as well as deposits in appropriate account
- Performance and analysis of workforce
As can be seen from the above payroll cannot be considered an isolated part of the overall HR system in a company. If you outsource only one small part then the workload on your HR staff does not decrease appreciably. They still have to manage time attendance and the post payroll processes such as statutory compliance. Given the changing scenario of labour laws, tax laws and ESI/PF, one cannot employees to be thoroughly familiar with the latest amendments and errors are likely to creep in leading to issues such as show cause notices and penalties. You may not wish to outsource entire HR but payroll services and everything that connects to it should be handled by a competent team offering payroll services in Bangalore. This has several advantages.
Benefits of going beyond simple payroll service
By handing over the entire section that concerns payroll and associated processes to one service provider you gain several advantages:
- The team handles everything starting with time attendance to statutory compliance.
- This leaves your HR team to focus on more important issues such as productivity, efficiency, streamlining processes, new recruitment, employee grievances and others.
- You get the benefit of accurate statutory compliance, an area where you experience the biggest gain.
- Employee satisfaction level increases leading to loyalty and better performance
These are the primary benefits. Professional payroll services in Bangalore go beyond preparation of payroll and statutory compliance. You receive further benefits:
- Analysis of your payroll and how you can optimize it to reduce expenditure
- Employee performance analysis that leads to motivating slow movers to become more energized and to reward high performing individuals that acts as motivation for others
- Consultations and guidance on key issues that affect employee performance, payroll processes and even the hiring and rewards processes.
- There is continuity since an established payroll service in Bangalore such as Alp Consulting will always be by your side whereas HR employees may leave.
- You need to employ fewer but better HR personnel; you can pay them more and save on space that employees take up within the office. It can be used for more productive purposes.
If you are considering outsourcing payroll, talk with Alp Consulting to know about customized solutions.
Visit Our Website :https://www.alpconsulting.in/payroll-services.html
The maze of labour laws in India is extremely complex with a number of different laws and amendments from time to time. It is no secret that courts almost always favored workforce over employers. However, the scenario is now changing towards a balanced approach. There is news that government plans to push through labour reforms. The Wage Bill 2017 is one such matter as is the Code on Industrial Relations. The proposed reforms will affect social security, welfare, industrial relations and occupational safety and health. There are other reforms on the anvil. What it all boils down to is that employers need to have specialists on their HR workforce to keep track of such changes as and when they come into effect. This may not be feasible for all enterprises so outsourcing statutory compliance to an external agency is perhaps the best option.
Typical laws covering employers
Consider some of the various laws that employers and businesses must comply with. These are Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, Employees PF Act, ESIC, Professional Tax, Labour Welfare Fund, Contract Labour and Minimum Wages Act to name only a few. Compounding the complexity is the various amendments to these Acts over the past years and you can see just how difficult it becomes for an HR employee to keep track unless he focuses on these Acts. This is where outsourcing compliance services prove to be far better to make sure you are always compliant. Failure to do so leads to fines, penalties and even jail term. In majority of cases if a disgruntled employee lodges a case then the court invariably decides in his favor and awards compensation. All of these can prove expensive for employers.
What outsourced compliance services do for your company?
Compliance services employ legal professional with particular expertise in the field of labour laws. This means their legal experts are always current and updated about the latest amendments and interpretations as well as applicability.
- Should an issue be likely to arise then the legal experts of the compliance service company will take preventive action against escalation since legal proceedings are always expensive and time consuming.
- If the matter does go to court then the legal experts of the statutory compliance service provider step in and handle the case.
- Statutory compliance experts carry out regular audits to ensure their clients always are in full compliance of laws applicable to their operations.
- Their experts examine upcoming amendments and their implications and advise clients to take appropriate measures to safeguard interests.
- Management and administration on an ongoing basis is part of the service.
- A sound legal framework ensures a safe and secure future roadmap on the statutory compliance road. It always pays to plan ahead and put in place a solid structure rather than carry out patch up jobs after the event.
- Advisory on how best to manage the business within the framework of applicable statutory laws and incur least cost as well as risk.
- Maintenance of all records in digitized format, easily accessible when needed.
- Filing of forms with various departments and remittances.
It does take years of study and practical experience to gain a thorough understanding of all the applicable labour laws in India. When you outsource you are gaining access to this competence and that alone is worth the money. That you save on costs of suitable HR employees and enjoy peace of mind are added benefits. And, when you know there is continuity of service as in the case of Alp Consulting, it becomes one more reason to outsource statutory compliance.
Visit us : https://www.alpconsulting.in/statutory-compliance-services.html
Payroll handling becomes complicated as the number of employees grows. In this scenario it is important to introduce some form of automation for quicker and error-free payroll process. The better option is to outsource it to the best payroll management services in India. Before you choose one there are parameters to consider.Continue Reading
Smart enterprises know that employees are the best asset and need to be managed professionally. One may set up an HR department but who will manage the HR people? Then there are other HR issues to consider all of which point to outsourcing HR as the most viable alternative.Continue Reading
Complications in payroll management grow when the number of employees in a company goes up. Companies may employ people on monthly salary, contract and on daily or weekly wage basis and these further add to the burden. Payroll is not just calculation of money to be paid for work done. There are additions and deductions to be considered as well as compliance with myriad government regulations that keep changing from time to time. The HR department has to be competent but the entire process easily can be outsourced.Continue Reading
Government frames laws applicable to employees and workers. Industry must comply with the newly framed laws or else they face stiff penalties. Enterprises that employ 20 or more people find it a chore to manage payrolls and the HR part. Thankfully, they can put in place payroll software or avail of it as a service or even outsource it. The same goes for other aspects of HR that HR software can handle with ease, freeing up employees for more productive tasks.Continue Reading
Any enterprise that employs 20 or more people automatically falls under the purview of various Acts and Laws in India. Staying compliant with the multitude of laws can become a major problem but not if you have suitable software to take care of compliances. Take a look at the statutory compliances checklist below:Continue Reading
Enterprises that have a sizeable workforce will find it imperative to implement some kind of payroll solution. However, outsourcing payroll may be a better option when one considers the various aspects involved.Continue Reading
Any enterprise that employs over 50 people needs to have a proper human resource management system in place. Planning is the key to successful HR administration, employee satisfaction and improved productivity. Human resource is the best asset and if employees are dissatisfied they will not go all out. This reflects in the company’s competitiveness. The best way forward is to involve HR experts for planning HR’s various aspects.Continue Reading