When explaining the outsourcing concept to potential clients, we get asked certain questions time and again. In an attempt to help clear up some misconceptions around the process and help you decide if outsourcing is the right answer for you, here are some of the most common questions, and their answers.
- How can I be sure of sharing my confidential information?First of all, any good outsourcing company will sign a comprehensive Non Disclosure Agreement before entering into a project. This is a legally binding document. Just as important, an outsourcing company’s repute and business depend on their reliability and confidentiality. It would only hurt their business in the long run, were they to violate your trust.
- Will the resources working on my project also be working on other projects?Depending on the man hours required for the project, we will most likely assign resources exclusively to specific projects. You may also specify the same.
- Won’t I be better off with a big name?There are two aspects to this: economy and commitment. When you are running an SME, you need to control costs. When you engage a big name, you are paying a rate that is competitive against the rates companies with much higher buying power can command. A smaller, focused firm like ours can offer you better value for money. Furthermore, with a smaller firm you can interact with everyone involved on a one-on-one basis and be sure of their commitment to your project.
- Isn’t outsourcing only for big companies?If anything, business process outsourcing can be even more of a boon for an SME. It allows you to free up time and resources to focus on your core business. Getting the most out of each rupee you spend is a priority, and with outsourced non-core processes you save on investing in specialized resources that are not connected with your main area of business.
- We don’t have time to get into outsourcing, so it is not a big priority.This is precisely why outsourcing is the right solution for you. You need to be able focus on what’s most important to you – and outsourcing non-core functions frees you to do this while being assured that these processes are being carried on in an efficient, transparent manner.